Lavora con noi
Child Protection and Education Program Manager
(Ref: TDH Italy/VA-001/6th Feb-2018)
1 Child Protection and Education Program Manager
As Program Manager, you will be in charge of the development and successful delivery of TDH Italy’s Child Protection interventions (80%) and of the child sponsorship programme (20%). In such sense, you will be accountable and responsible for the quality, results, coordination and harmonization of all ongoing and future projects you are managing and for the development of the sectorial intervention of TDH Italy in Myanmar. Working under the supervision of the Country Representative, you will be based in Yangon Head Office with travels to the project areas as per need.
In close collaboration with Head Office relevant staff, your main duties include, but are not limited to:
-Program development: find new opportunities, prepare/supervise/conduct assessments, proposal writing, participation in thematic working groups, update on policies and best practices.
-Program improvement: create synergy among projects and programs through mainstreaming child protection all over objectives, results and activities, ensure appropriate methodologies and approaches are developed an used, supervise knowledge management ad learning process, review practices and approaches.
-Manage and maintain good relations with relevant stakeholders (partners, CBOs, Government, private).
-Perfect knowledge of relevant donors – EU, UN, International Cooperation Agencies – their procedures and functional hyerachies.
-Human Resources management.
-Program financial oversight and responsiblity, ensure funds flow to and within the projects, coordinate and supervise the production of financial reports.
-M&E: regularily update Country Representative, prepare internal and external reports, fields visits, management staff coordination meetings, participate in evaluations.
-Ensure program objectives and results are achieved, workplans are respected and amended if necessary, set and control deadlines, ensure project cycles are properly managed, assit and advise project managers or coordinators in decision making (operative/financial/strategic).
– Monitor and evaluate the Child Protection Policy of Fondazione Terre des Hommes Italia as implemented and abide by the personnel throughout the projects and programmes.
Requirements of the ideal candidate:
– Preferably graduated in law, psychology, international management, relevant Ba, Msc. Phd will be considered a plus;
– At least 5 years of previous experience in equivalent position with INGOs/LNGOs;
– Deep technical knowledge and expertise on various aspects of Child Protection;
– Proven ability to manage projects and/or programs;
– Confidence and experience in working with relevant partenrs, donors and Government bodies;
– Fully computer literate in MS Office Package (Ms Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and email;
– Fluency in written and spoken English (certificates from International Schools will be considered a plus) and Myanmar;
– Share the values and mission of TDH Italy and the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Duty Station: Yangon, with travels to project areas
Approx starting date: As soon as possible.
Salary: Salary according to experience and qualifications.
Contract duration: One year with possible extension (first 3 months as probationary period).
Application procedure: If you are interested submit your CV and cover letter in English, including expected salary and at least three references by e-mail or by postal service to Terre des Hommes Italia Yangon Office:
TDH Italy Head Office:
63, 2/B – MTP, ShweHinnThar Street, 11 Ward,
Hlaing Township, Yangon. Tel: 01-511285.
Deadline of Application: 20th April 2018.
Please note that due to the urgency of the role, TDH Italy reserves the rights to interview candidates before the closing date and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of applications we are expecting to receive we will be unable to provide feedback to all the applicants. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.